Monday, March 2, 2009

I am not a Vegetarian

I am not a vegetarian.

My boyfriend is.

I have been thinking about starting this blog for a while now. An article I was reading from yesterday's NY Times on vegetarian travel in Thailand gave me the final push to do it.

I have always loved traveling around the United States: my family criss-crossed the country every which way during my youth. But, a visit to England and France with my aunt when I was 19 changed my life. I fell in love with travel. Since then, my wanderlust has taken me to Russia, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Germany, Peru, and Mexico. This summer I am returning to England for an extended London stay and hopefully exploration of Great Britain and perhaps more of Europe. We'll see.

This will be a travel blog. I have been dating my boyfriend for over two years and want to see the world with him. Hopefully, I will have the chance. In my travels around the world and around the world wide web I have discovered that it is a harsh world out there for vegetarians. There is a dearth of information on vegetarian travel.

Traveling with him even around California, where we both went to high school and college, has been difficult at times. As students at UC San Diego they dont exactly make it easy for you. Now I am living in Austin -- a world of bbq and Tex-Mex -- and his options are even more limited.

I hope to share in this blog my experiences traveling as well as information I gather about vegetarian eating around the world. Perhaps, ocassionally, I will post a recipe...maybe...if you are lucky :).

Right now I am living in Austin, Texas but have trips planned to San Diego and Berkeley, CA and New York City to visit graduate schools. Expect posts on those locations soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment